How I can help you
Independent Consultant — PR
- Provide technological knowhow to Top Management support evaluating IT resources, including but not limited to IP-based solutions, interoperability and systems support to private and government entities.
- Government Affairs / Business and Solutions Development.
- Public Safety Automatic Licence Plate Recognition & Physical Surveillance.
- Telemedicine, Health Presence, Remote Medical Device.
- IT and Management Consultant, Information Strategic Planning, and Project Management. Provide technical support to management on IT operations.
- IT Integration Roadmap, IT Infrastructure and Application assessments, evaluations and recommendations.
- Data Analysis, Process Automation, IT Implementation Outsourcing and migration to Cloud Services.
- Identify federal funding opportunities to finance projects. Assist in the preparation of competitive grants applications.
- Information Technology Re-engineering and RAD implementation.
- Telemedicine Roadmap, Business Model, Financing Alternative, and Federal Programs to implement the Services in several regions of Puerto Rico, including private Hospitals and Clinics and the Caribbean Lesser Islands.
- Campus wide wireless and Video Surveillance Roadmap, and Solution.
- Ad Honorem Technical Advisor on some proposed bill to several Legislators.
- Mentoring to Gensoft Lab, a local biometrics and Digital Signatures R&D startup venture.
- Grant Management & Compliance, FEMA Recovery Framework, CDBG-DR
General Manager at VO Brands — San Juan, PR
Development of VO Brands, an artesian baby gowns patterns manufacturing concept. Responsible for all task of the start-up, including but not limited to product, development, and market introductions into key local retailers and the evaluation for US Hispanic market opportunities.
IT Director at Atlantic Pipe Corp —Cataño, PR
Network Manager at Telefónica Larga Distancia —Guaynabo, PR
Broadband over Power Line Proposal Preparation
Assist in the design of GIGA-net (Governmental Interoperability and Global Access network); an advance IT approach designed to provide voice/data/video integration to all agencies and corporations of the government of Puerto Rico. Identify federal funding opportunities to finance GIGA-net and assist in the preparation of the competitive grant for broadband over power line solution.
Evaluation of Payroll Data for Legal Actions by a Local Law Office.
Provided and expert analysis on a Payroll systems data recalculation and result comparison with existing pay histories, considering the Federal and Local Labor Laws scenarios.
Prototype Development using RAD
Using Information engineering concepts and Rapid Application Development (RAD) form James Martin Methodology develop on an AS/400 using Synon Case Tool a running prototype for a proposal of the PR Government Social Services Department.
Security Control Application for a Financial Institution
Designed and developed an application to control the access with security features at a Rexon Computer environment.
Project Manager Implementing the HRIS System.
Coordinate the implementation for the HRIS system; retrieving information from electronic time clocks and OVER 100 Point of Sales across the island. Established and upgrade HR/Payroll procedures and guidelines.
Project Manager for a Financial Institution,
Coordinate the conversion of institution data from a service bureau to in-house application. The engagement include equipment installation, application setup, process implementation, operation, data verification and training of the institution personnel.
Project Coordinator in a Marketing Research Firm.
Installed the I.S. operations of a Sybase application on a Novell local area network; establishing operational guidelines & procedures and performing data migration from clients’ backups.
Network Setup for a Leading Pharmaceutical (Chemical Division)
Established the intranet e-mail and the corporate link for the network using an AS/400 as a gateway facility to link to a US Headquarters. Performed the installation of local area network at South America office operations.
Network Setup for a Human Resources Consulting Firm.
Performed the fine-tuning to the local area network, implementing the e-mail, an agenda, a scheduler, and contact management software, to allow remote access to office resources.
Network Setup for a Public Warehouse.
Performed network installation for a legacy warehouse application
Network Setup and POS data retrieval
Installed a Netware network infrastructure, establishing the links with 90+ locations to retrieve the data from each POS in an unattended process. Designed and developed all the programming required to convert the POS data file to existing midrange application.
Puerto Rico Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Director 2007-2010 , 2011-2012
- Technology & Telecommunications Committee Chair 2009-2013, 2014-2015
- Strategic Planning Committee 2007-2009
- Lobbying Committee Member
- Energy Affairs Committee Member
- Governance and Ethic Committee Member
- Bylaws Review Committee Chair 2009-2010
Inter-American Businessman Association (AIHE)
- Board of Directors 2006-2009
- 1st. Vice President 2007-2009
Internet Society of Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Broadband Task Force
Sales and Marketing Executives (SME)
Startup America – Puerto Rico Region – Steering Committee 2012
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Government & Regulations
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Technology & IT Services
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Professional & Business Services
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus - Bachelor in Sciences