Since 1964, SCORE’s seasoned business experts have provided the highest level of business counseling services to help entrepreneurs create and grow their businesses. SCORE is the leading source of ongoing small business counseling, business training workshops and online expert business resources in Omaha, Nebraska and throughout the U.S.
We are controlled by a Board of Directors. The officers of SCORE of Greater Omaha are:
- Chairman, Pauline Stark
- Vice Chairman, Gerry Phelan
- Treasurer, Elaine Beard
- Secretary, Kate Sullivan
As a business resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE operates in cooperation with the SBA to provide entrepreneurs with business information vital to their success, including counseling on financing options, business planning, marketing strategies, product development and more.
SCORE Omaha Chapter 40 provides the following services for soon-to-be and current entrepreneurs. In most cases, services are provided free of charge or at very little cost. Items and services requiring payment are indicated below.
- Face-to-face counseling, usually in hour-long sessions, conducted at the SBA/SCORE offices. Clients should ask to be paired with a counselor whose expertise aligns with the client’s area of concern.
- Monthly, two-evening pre-business (pre-startup or expansion) workshops with host presenters who introduce the entrepreneur to an array of business topics ranging from business plans to insurance, record keeping, legal, banking, record keeping, accounting. taxes, marketing, etc. (First Wed. & Thurs. of each month; the cost is $50.00 per person
- “Listening to Your Business,” follow-up mentoring to support and advance your success once you have opened or expanded your small business.service is free
- Business Plan development template (with sample) on CD. Cost is $10.00 per person
- “Business Plan Pro” full-featured business plan authoring software (with many examples) on Chapter 40 computer, available for use during business hours. This service is free but, printing example pages is 10 cents per page.
- Hard copy information on a huge range of topics from taxes to state agencies to SBA and SCORE resources to bidding on government contracts and much, much more. Free to browse, can not check out material.
- Free copies of business magazines and publications, including SBA’s “Small Business Success.”
- “Entrepreneur Magazine’s” library of “How To” startup manuals for over 100 small businesses. The publications are to be used within the SCORE offices, Free to browse, can not check out material.
- Reference publications, such as Thomas Register, a comprehensive resource for industrial information, products and services. Free to browse, can not check out material.
2016 Entrepreneurs of the Year!!
Tom Westman of Downtown Hound
John Sievers of Green Beans Coffee
Amy Walzer and Sara Roberts of Category One Consulting
David Kroupa of David Kroupa Agency, Inc., an American Family Insurance Company
Two SCORE Success Stories featured on KMTV: "Entrepreneurs of the Year":
Tom Westman with Downtown Hound
John Sievers with Green Beans Coffee Omaha
SCORE Member Success Story featured on SCORE National:
Geniece Brown of Brown Virtual Assisting LLC